What you need to wear in China Winter Camp is determined by the weather. China south, subtropical monsoon climate is warm than in North, temperate continental climate, the total climate in China winter is cold. So if you determine to go China University Winter Camp, please be attention to following items
- Wear a winter hat, plenty of gloves and socks (several pairs because they get wet)
- Wear a thermal shirt and warm pants along with socks that are made from wool or synthetic materials as your base layer. Do not wear clothing made of cotton, as it dries slowly and will make it difficult to remain warm if it rains or snows.
- Wear a layer of fleece clothing as the second layer.
- Wear a waterproof and windproof outer layer.
- 4-5 pairs of jeans/sweat pants
- Undergarments - bring enough
- Wear a sturdy pair of hiking boots. The boots should be waterproof.
- Pack enough clothing for the duration of your camping trip.
Other items you need bring to camp:
Flashlight for use at night, Water bottle/thermos, Slippers/thick socks (Generally, the university in China North is equipped with heating, you will feel not very cold indoors )